When my boys were little, I loved doing craft projects with them. Now that they are older and wan’t no part of it, I am thankful I have a whole slew of younger nieces and nephews to make crafts with. I recently did this Easy Easter Art Project with a couple of my nieces. They had a blast making their projects and they came out so cute. If you are looking for an easy Easter art project to do with your kiddos, try this one!
Easy Easter Art Project For Kids
Here’s what you need:
- A few pieces of different colored craft papers (including white)
- Yellow colored craft paper (one piece for each shape you’re making)
- Craft glue
- Scissors (adult supervision recommended for little ones)
- X-acto knife (adult supervision recommended)
- Pencil – to trace the template
- Printable Template (link to print it below)
Here’s what you do:
1. Trace the pattern from the template (get yours here) onto a piece of white craft paper. Use an X-acto knife (adults only please) to cut out the traced pattern from the paper.
2. Take your yellow paper (make sure it’s slightly larger size then the paper from step one) and place the cut out white paper on the top of it. Use a pencil to mark the top and bottom end of the cut out pattern on the yellow paper.
3. Gather up the rest of your colored craft papers and cut them into thin strips. Make sure the length of the strips does not exceed the width of the white cut out paper (the one with the template cut-out).
4. Apply glue to the back of the yellow paper.
5. Glue the strips on to the yellow paper in random order. You can glue the strips vertically or horizontally depending on what you like.
6. Make sure you don’t go past the marks from step #2.
7. Done gluing all the strips? Now Apply glue on the back side of the white cut out paper and stick it on the sheet with all the little strips of paper.
My template includes 2 patterns, a bunny and an egg. Print yours here.
Hope you have fun doing this Easy Easter Art Project with your Kids!