My sister is hosting Easter dinner this year, which sounds great to me. I hosted Christmas dinner at my house and I am not fully recovered from all the work I put into cooking and baking that day yet. Anyhow, since I obviously can’t show up to her house empty handed, I have been playing with some different ideas of things I can bring to her house for Easter dessert. I ended up making some Chocolate Covered Easter Pretzels for my boys as an after-school snack and decided that I want to make them again to bring with me to my sister’s house on Easter. They could not be easier to make and I found these cute little candy carrots to put on them, so now they are super festive. Plus, there’s that sweet and salty combination for the win!
Chocolate Covered Easter Pretzels
Here’s what you need:
- Pretzel rods
- 2 Cups Wilton white candy melts
- 10 Oreo cookies
- Candy carrot decorations
You will also need:
- Parchment paper
- Tall glass
- Small microwave safe bowl
- Rolling pin
Here’s what you do:
1. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt your white candy melts on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until they are completely melted.
2. Pour your white chocolate into a tall glass. Dip each pretzel rod into the chocolate inside tall glass. Place the white chocolate covered pretzel rods onto a piece of parchment paper.
3. Place your Oreos in a sandwich bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin.
4. Sprinkle the crushed cookies onto the white chocolate covered pretzels.
5. Place 3 carrot candies on to each pretzel.
6. Let the chocolate harden completely ( it takes about 15 minutes) and enjoy your chocolate covered pretzels.
If you are looking for an easy Easter dessert to make this year, give these Chocolate Covered Easter Pretzels a try.