This year marks the 4th year that our Elf on the shelf, Snowy, has come to visit us. My oldest son (age 12) does not believe in any of the Christmas magic anymore….sigh, but my 9 year old does and I want to do as much as I can to keep the magic alive for him.
Back when I first got the EOTS (Elf on the Shelf) for our house, both of my boys were both believers and I thought it would be fun to have Snowy get into all sorts of shenanigans overnight while the boys slept. They would wake up each morning in December anxious to see what kind of mischief that Snowy got into while they slept. They loved every mess he made, but by the third year (last year), I was out of ideas. My youngest made to to note that Snowy had sure gotten lame since his first year at our house. Gee, thanks kid.
Anyhow, I am struggling yet again this year, but I was able to come up with this cute Pikachu idea since both of my boys were SO into Pokemon Go over the summer. It only took me a few minutes and they both thought it was funny (even the non-believer).
Easy Elf on the Shelf Idea for Pokemon Fans
Here’s what you need:
- Bunch of bananas
- Red and black Sharpie markers
- White puffy paint
- Elf on the shelf
Here’s what you do:
1. First draw on two black circles for eyes.
2. Then draw on two slightly larger red circles for cheeks.
3. Next draw on a little black nose and mouth.
4. Now draw on two black triangle ears, coloring in the tips and a black poky tail, also coloring in the tip.
5. Use your white puffy paint to draw a dot in each black eye, and let your bananas dry overnight.
I’m looking for other ideas this year, so let me hear your best ones! Pretty please?