Are the dog days of summer getting you down? I personally love the heat, but I know that some people feel the exact opposite. If you are that hot, imagine how your pro dog must feel underneath all that fur. We keep our dog, Milo, inside in the air conditioning as much as possible, but of course we have to take him outside multiple times a day to do his business. I always feel so bad for him when he comes in from being outside on a super hot day. He comes in panting really bad and instantly runs to the coolest spot in the house to cool off quickly. On days like that, I like to give him a homemade frozen treat to help him cool off.
These frozen dog treats will not only help them get cool fast on those super hot days, but they will love the combination of chicken and blueberries in them.
Here’s What You Need
- 1/4 Cup homemade unsalted chicken broth or canned unsalted chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup blueberries
You Will Also Need:
- A silicone rectangle ice cube mold
- Measuring cup
Here’s What You Do
1. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix together your unsalted chicken stock and water.
2. Wash your blueberries.
3. Add about three blueberries to your silicone molds.
4. Fill your silicone molds up with your chicken broth/water mix.
5. Freeze for about 3 hours.
6. Now push up on the bottom of the mold to get your frozen treats out.
Homemade chicken broth:
Don’t throw those chicken bones out from dinner:
1. Place your leftover cooked chicken carcass in a large pot and cover with water
2. Let it simmer for about 90 minutes
3. Now strain out your broth, discarding all bones and meat
4. Let your broth cool
Do you think your dog would like these frozen treats?