If you’ve been around here for a while, you know that Halloween is my favorite holiday. If you’re new here, consider yourself informed. One of my favorite parts of the Halloween season is making all kinds of fun Halloween themed snacks for my boys. I usually make stuff during the day when they are at school and surprise them with whatever I make when they get off the bus. Case in point with these awesome little Skewered Eyeballs.
I saw something similar on Pinterest and as soon as I saw them I knew I had to make them for my boys. They aren’t little anymore, so the grosser the better as far as they’re concerned.
Here’s what you need:
- Powdered Donut Holes
- Pull-n-Peel Red Licorice
- Candy Gumball Eyeballs
- Decorative Red Gel
- Wooden Skewers
Here’s what you do:
1. Pull apart red licorice strips and cut into thirds. Take a skewer and poke a hole into one of the eyeballs, then push one end of the licorice into the hole.
2. Place 2 donuts on the end of one skewer. Poke a hole into one of the donut holes.
3. Take the red gel and squeeze it all over the donut that you poked the hole in. Place one dot of gel on the other donut.
4. Take one hanging eyeball and push the end of the licorice rope into the hole on the donut. Place a regular eyeball on the dot of red gel on the other donut.
5. They are now ready to serve for your Halloween Party or Halloween Breakfast!
What do you think about these Skewered Eyeballs? My boys thought they were the coolest thing and not to toot my own horn, but I am pretty psyched with the way they came out.
I plan on making these skewered eyeballs a few more times for my kids this year because they are yummy and a fun Halloween treat.