This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #MakeHeartburnHistory #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but my family is heading into our busiest month of the year. Between holiday parties, extra school events, December birthdays and life in general, we’re pretty much non-stop from now until the first of the year. I don’t mind because I love spending extra time with the people I love and since my husband is from a huge family (he’s one of seven), there are plenty of chances to visit our loved ones. Of course, I can’t show up empty handed, right? These easy Jalapeno Cheese Fries are one of my favorite go-to dishes to bring to family gatherings. Unfortunately for me, and lots of others, the jalapenos = heartburn. Thankfully Nexium® 24HR Capsules come to the rescue (stay tuned for more info on that).
My Jalapeno Cheese Fries are easy to make and they always go over really well.
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6oz evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup diced jalapenos (leave a few out for topping)
Here’s what you do:
1. Wash and slice your potatoes into potato wedges and grate your sharp cheddar cheese on the larger grater holes.
2. To bake: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Spread your potato wedges apart, lightly coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes.
To fry: Begin to heat your vegetable oil in a large heavy bottom pan on medium-high (you don’t need a lot, maybe a few cups). After your oil is hot (5 minutes) carefully use a spoon to drop your potato wedges in a couple at a time as the grease will splatter. Cool until golden brown and then turn down the temperature to low for a few more minutes to make sure the inside of the potato is cooked because the wedges are thicker. Then carefully remove your potatoes with a long pair of tongs and place them onto a paper towel lined plate to catch the grease.
3. In a large sauce pan on medium heat, combine your shredded cheese, cornstarch, hot sauce, and evaporated milk. Whisk until everything is melted together.
4. Now mix in your jalapenos continue to whisk for another few minutes, your cheese sauce will continue to thicken.
5. Line a cast iron pan with parchment paper and place your cooked potato wedges on top. Pour your cheese sauce on top.
6. Top with cheese sauce and a few extra jalapenos.
As much as my husband and I love those jalapenos, we don’t love the frequent heartburn we both get. I ran to Walgreens for some Nexium® 24HR Capsules 42ct just to make sure we nip that pesky heartburn in the bud.
Nexium® 24HR Capsules are for the treatment of frequent heartburn so everyone can enjoy the holidays without worry. Just one pill a day provides all-day, all-night protection from frequent heartburn – no matter what triggers it.*
*Nexium® 24HR may take 1-4 days for full effect. It is not immediate relief.
What is your go-to dish to bring to your holiday get-togethers?