In our house we try to have a family movie night at least once a week. We all love spending quality time together every week, but seriously – what’s a movie night without a snack? These Easy Pork Taquitos are perfect for family movie night because they are budget-friendly, easy to make and most importantly, they are kid approved! Not only that, they are a great way to use up that leftover pork you have sitting in your fridge! Score.
Easy Pork Taquitos
Here’s what you need:
- 2 ½ cups of roasted pork, shredded
- 6 to 8oz of Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 10 small flour tortillas
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cooking spray (optional)
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sprinkle lemon juice over pork and gently mix around.
3. Microwave 5 tortillas at a time with a damp paper towel over it for 10 seconds, to soften.
4. To a tortilla add 2-3 tablespoons of pork and 2-3 teaspoons of cheese.
5. Tightly and gently roll up the tortillas.
6. Line tortillas on a greased foil lined pan. Spray an even coat of cooking spray over tortillas.
7. Bake for 7-10 minutes until tortillas are a golden color.
They are perfect for dipping, too!
Speaking of movie night, did you hear that Disney’s Zootopia was coming to Netflix? That’s right, it will be available to stream starting this week (9/20/16 to be exact). My family already has plans to meet on the sofa once the homework is done to watch it on Tuesday.
What are you currently streaming on Netflix?
Note: I am a member of the Netflix StreamTeam. As part of the #streamteam, I have received product and complimentary service, but all opinions are 100% my own.