Birthday parties, holiday weekends or school bake sales can be so much fun. Friends, family an neighbors gather in your home after cleaning, cooking and baking your way to the brink of insanity. The collective praises of your party guests somehow make it all worth the effort, but these cute cupcakes are so easy.
Using your favorite colorful candy, you can whip up these Easy Rainbow Cupcakes without stressing. They are foolproof and don’t require the skills of a chef which means you can employ your children to help out!
You Will Need:
1 Dozen of Your Favorite Cupcakes
1 jar of white hued frosting
1 large bag of colorful candies – Skittles, M&M’s, Sixlets all work well
Blue Sugar Sprinkles
Here’s what you do:
1. Whip up a batch of your favorite cupcakes, any flavor works. (You can also pick up a batch at your local bakery or grocery store. Just make sure to ask for unfrosted cakes! We won’t tell. Promise!)
2. One at a time, frost each cake with the white icing. It ddoesn’thave to be an immaculate or smooth finish. It will be covered in the next step.
3. Gently push each candy into the frosting. Begin creating arched rows starting at the bottom using the reverse order of the rainbow colors: purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and then red. (For the cupcake seen in the image, turn Skittles on their side.)
4. Shake the blue sugar sprinkles over the entire cupcake.
5. Store in a cool place or serenely serve to guests while enjoying the sweet admiration.