I have a child with sensory issues, so he loves to play with putty/play dough type things. It just so happens that the same child is obsessed with sour things, so when I made this Edible Sour Gummy Worm Silly Putty, he just about flipped his lid. It’s wicked easy to make and super fun to play with (and eat)!
Edible Sour Gummy Worm Silly Putty
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Bag of sour gummy worms
- Corn starch
- Powdered sugar
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by placing your bag of sour gummy worms into a microwave safe bowl.
2. Place the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, and check to see if the gummy worms start to melt. If they are not melting, continue to microwave at 10 second intervals until they are. It took my gummy worms 40 seconds to melt, but they are all different.
3. Once the gummy worms have completely melted, stir them thoroughly with a spoon to mix the colors well.
4. Next add 1 tablespoon of corn starch to the melted gummy worms in your bowl and mix well.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar to your bowl and mix thoroughly. At this point the mixture will become hard to stir, just do the best you can, smooshing the mixture with the back of the spoon to expose new sticky areas to the powdered sugar and corn starch in your bowl.
6. Slowly add in more corn starch ½ tablespoon at a time until your mixture is no longer as sticky. I ended up having to use 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and a total of 2 ½ tablespoons of corn starch before my mixture reached this stage.
7. Place some corn starch on your hands and take your mixture out of the bowl. Work it in your hands, adding a dusting of corn starch as needed, until it is no longer tacky….and that’s it – you’re done.
Note: Since this is an edible silly putty, it really does not store well, so you should discard it after you are done playing with/eating it.
Hope you get a chance to make your own Edible Sour Gummy Worm Silly Putty. It really is fun to play with (and eat).