With summer upon us and farm stands and markets offering fresh, sweet corn, this plant-based recipe is an easy way to bring a tangy treat to your picnics and backyard barbecues. It’s easy to make and will likely be the highlight of your meal. The chipotle in adobe sauce can typically be found in your local market in the ethnic foods aisle.
- 8 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo (for taste and consistency, I prefer Just Mayo brand)
- 1-3 chipotles coated with adobo sauce (depending on desired heat)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
1. Shuck the corn, removing as much of the silken threads as possible. Coat corn in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place mayo, chipotles, garlic, and the lime juice into a blender and blend until ingredients are smooth and well combined.
4. Add corn to a hot grill for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Alternatively, you can cook the corn by placing it on a rack 6 inches under a preheated broiler for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
5. Spoon the sauce onto the corn. You can also pour the sauce into a condiment container for more controlled application and pop any leftovers in the fridge. This sauce is amazing on sandwiches!
6. Sprinkle the top with the freshly chopped cilantro.