We have a list of things we do every single summer. They’re kind of like traditions in our family and we always make sure we do them at least once every summer. One of the things on our list is going to the drive-in. It’s such a fun way to watch a movie and it’s always a hit with the husband and kids. When you’re planning a night at the drive-in, there are some things you will definitley need to bring with you to make your night a success. Whether you’re going on a date night with your hubby (or wife) or your whole family is in tow, don’t forget these essentials.
**Disclosure: Thanks to Breyers for sponsoring this conversation. All opinions expressed here are strictly my own and were not influenced in any way.
Not everyone likes sitting in their car while they watch the movie at the drive-in. We always back the car in so we can move to the trunk of the SUV, but we bring lawn chairs to sit in, too. Depending on where you’re parked, sometimes you can see the movie even better if you sit in a chair.
No matter what you do, don’t forget to bring bug repellant to the drive-in with you. If you forget this, you risk getting eaten alive, literally. We keep extra bug spray in the vehicle just in case we need it and it always comes in handy at the drive-in.
Even though it’s summer, it can get really chilly once the sun goes down. You honestly never know how cold or how hot it will get at the drive-in, so it’s better to bring those extra layers – just in case.
Don’t Forget the Hand Sanitizer
When you head to the drive-in movie theater, you never know what you will come across germ wise. We always bring a bottle of hand sanitizer with us. It’s relieving to know we are killing some of those germs along the way.
Snacks & Water to stay hydrated
Since you can bring in your own food at the drive-in, we load up the car with goodies. We bring lots of bottles of water with us because the heat seems to make us extremely thirsty. We also have plenty of snacks. What’s a movie without snacks. In addition to packing a picnic dinner, we also always make sure to have a mix of sweet and salty snacks with us. Of course, we bring a big bag of popcorn to satisfy the need for something salty, but we also brought some Breyers Gelato Indulgences on our date night recently to keep our sweet tooth in check.
Current varieties of Breyers Gelato Indulgences include:
- New This Year: Cappuccino – Features cappuccino gelato with a foamy cream swirl and gourmet chocolate chips
- New This Year: Chocolate Caramel – Features chocolate gelato with luscious caramel sauce and gourmet chocolate curls
- New This Year: Mint Chocolate – Features mint gelato with a rich fudge swirl and gourmet chocolate curls
- New This Year: Strawberry Truffle – Features strawberry gelato with a rich fudge swirl and gourmet dark chocolatey truffles.
- Vanilla Caramel – Features creamy vanilla gelato with luscious caramel sauce and gourmet caramel curls
- Raspberry Cheesecake – Features cheesecake gelato with luscious raspberry sauce and gourmet graham crumble
- Tiramisu – Features mascarpone gelato with espresso sauce, ladyfinger cookie pieces & gourmet cocoa
- Triple Chocolate – Features milk and dark chocolate gelato with white chocolate sauce & chocolate curls
We brought the Triple Chocolate and the Chocolate Caramel along on our date and between Chris & I, we devoured all of it. They were the perfect sweet treat to bring with us to our date night at the drive-in.
A date night at the drive in with the one you love (or the whole family) is always a fun adventure. It’s almost like camping, but in smaller form. What is something you bring to the drive-in for date night?