I found myself babysitting some little ones recently and since St. Patrick’s Day is coming up, I wanted to make a fun craft with them. We ended up making this Felt Clover Craft and the girls were so happy with them when we were done. This craft is pretty easy to make and with a little help from a grownup, real little ones can do most of it by themselves.
Felt Clover Craft
Here’s what you need:
- Green felt
- Green craft paying
- Paint brush
- Threaded needle
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
Here’s what you do:
1. Cut out 4 identical (or as close as you can get) hearts (about 1.5″X 1.5″) from your green felt.
2. Sew the bottom of the hearts together using a basic stitch and tie the two ends into a knot, this will make the clover lay pretty flat. (If you don’t want to sew you can always hot glue).
3. Cut a tiny circle from your green felt and then hot glue it to the center to cover your stitches
4. Paint your craft sticks green and let dry completely.
5. Now hot glue the back of your clover to the top of your green craft stick.
And that’s it – you’re done. See how easy they are to make.
The kids can play with their felt clovers as they are or they can “plant” them like flowers in a planter. We each made a clover, so we had a few to plant and look at how cute that looks:
This Felt Clover Craft is super fun for the kids to make and with St. Patrick’s Day coming up quick, now is the time to put on your crafty pants and make some.
So tell me, are you planning on making any St. Patrick’s Day crafts? Do you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?