Don’t you just love those nights when you don’t have to cook? I don’t know about you, but once my kids go back to school in September, our lives are going to be chaos – especially on week nights. My boys are in two different schools (middle & elementary) so they get off the bus at different times. Once my little man gets off his bus at 3:45, depending on the night it’s off to karate class, soccer, drum lessons or Lego club.
While I love that my boys have so many fun after-school activities, it can really be a challenge for me to make sure they are eating healthy dinners every night. I recently found out about the Foodery Boston prepared meal delivery service and my life has been changed forever.
The Foodery started its healthy meal delivery service in September 2012 to help change the way food is raised and consumed in New England. They understand that it can be quite challenging for people in the city to consistently eat healthy, nourishing meals while maintaining a busy lifestyle. They also understand that responsibly-raised foods in the city are scarce, so the Foodery improves access to these foods by delivering ready-to-eat meals to the homes of busy Bostonians. All ingredients sourced at The Foodery adhere to quality standards and each product gets labeled with ingredient and nutritional information.
They cook everything from scratch using organic and local produce, antibiotic-free and hormone-free meats and healthy cooking methods. Meals are nutritionally balanced and cooked the same day they get delivered. All meals are calorie controlled, too, in case you count your calories like me.
The Foodery has a weekly rotating menu of delicious meals for you to choose from. Then all you have to do is set up an account and place your order by midnight on Wednesdays ($50 minimum). Your meals will arrive chilled and fresh between 6pm-9pm on Sunday and don’t worry – there are no commitments or sign-ups.
My family received two delicious meals to try out this week and to say that we were impressed with both of them is a complete understatement.
The first meal we tried was chicken, cauliflower mac & cheese (4-portion) featuring local Capone Foods rigatoni.
The second meal we got was an American pub-style chicken with roasted vegetable (4-portion).
My sister in law & nephew were over for dinner the day after we got the food delivery, so we heated both meals up and between them, my husband, my two boys and myself – there was nothing left. We were all impressed by the quality of the food and how fresh and delicious both meals were.
Here’s everything you need to know:
1. You need to be present for delivery. Their delivery staff will arrive between 6-9 pm on Sunday evening and you will receive a text message or a phone call prior to arrival (you will specify which on you want upon order placement).
2. Refrigerate you food IMMEDIATELY!! Meals arrive fresh, not frozen so you need to refrigerate them upon arrival.
3. Follow the meal instructions. All meal containers have heating instructions that when followed, provide the taste and texture they intend. Make sure you read them thoroughly!
4. Eat all of your meals! Fresh food is always best. Their meals are intended to be eaten within 3 to 4 days of delivery, but you can freeze them if you absolutely must.
5. RECYCLE! Meals are served in recyclable containers that are either microwave safe or oven safe.
Just imagine – no shopping, no cooking, no meal kits, no clean-up. All you have to do is receive your delivery, heat up your dinner, eat and DONE. If you live in the Greater Boston area, check out the Foodery Boston and it can be a reality.