Halloween is coming up quick you guys. It will be here before we know it. With the Halloween season comes party invites and lots of school events. I am always looking for creative things to bring to all the events and parties the kids get invited to. These Frankenstein Pretzel Rods are easy to make and are always popular when we show up with them.
Frankenstein Pretzel Rods
Here’s what you do:
- Pretzel Rods
- Black Gel Icing
- Green Candy Melts
- Candy Eyeballs
- Black Licorice Twizzlers
Here’s what you need:
1. Open the bag of Green Candy Melts and melt over a low-medium heat on the stove. Pour melted candy melts into a tall glass.
2. Open the bag of pretzel rods and dip each pretzel rod into the melted green candy melts. Let the excess drip off into the cup and then place the pretzel rod onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Allow the pretzels a minute or two to dry and then move the pretzels to a second cookie sheet lined with wax paper. This insures that your pretzel won’t dry in a puddle of candy melts.
3. While you wait for your pretzels to dry, open the bag of black licorice Twizzlers. Cut one Twizzler in half and then cut the half into small pieces. These will be Frankenstein’s neck bolts.
4. After the pretzels have dried, dip a toothpick into the melted candy melts and dab a bit onto the Twizzlers. Place a piece on each side of Frankenstein’s neck. Do the same with the candy eyeballs. Allow candy melts to dry.
5. Use the black gel icing to draw a spooky mouth and a stitch onto Frankenstein.
6. Use the black gel icing to draw hair onto Frankenstein.
I am really happy with the way they came out!
Frankenstein Pretzel Rods would even make a fun after-school snack for the kiddos. They’ll love them.