We were out food shopping recently and the little one spotted Froot Loops as we were walking down the cereal aisle. He had to have them and since I can’t say no to that kid, we walked out with a bowl of Froot Loops even though I knew he was only going to have a bowl or two and then he’s be all set with them. Sure enough, three bowls later and he was done with Froot Loops. So there I was with 2/3 of a box of Froot Loops that I needed to use up. I decided to make a Froot Loops Milkshake out of some of them and it ended up being a huge hit with the boys. And me. And my husband. Seriously, making Froot Loops Milkshakes was one of the smartest ideas I’ve ever had and since I made them this first time, I’ve ended up making them a bunch more times because everyone loved them so much.
Froot Loops Milkshake
Here’s what you need:
- 4 large scoops of Turkey Hill Party Cake ice cream
- 1 cup of crushed Froot loops cereal
- 1 ½ cups of milk
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by crushing up your Froot Loops cereal. I crushed mine in a bowl, but my husband crushes his in a Ziploc bag. Either way is fine. I crushed mine up pretty fine, but it is going to end up in the blender, so don’t kill yourself crushing it up into super small pieces like I did.
2. Then add all of your ingredients into a blender and blend it until it’s smooth.
3. I served my milkshakes in a cup with sprinkles (or as we call them here in Boston: jimmies) on the rim because I am fancy like that. You don’t have to if you don’t want to, but it sure does make them look cool, dontcha think?
If you want a sweet treat that’s a little out of the box, try a Froot Loops Milkshake. It really is the bee’s knees!