We like to do more crafts, make more sweets, and even watch more movies together as a family when we can’t be spending excess amounts of time outside. I think our favorite besides making (and eating!) sweets is doing crafts. Especially Winter or Christmas themed. Who doesn’t love having homemade crafts for decorations especially with a house full of kids? We do!
So, today I’m sharing this fun craft for kids to make Gingerbread and Friends!
- Gingerbread man template
- White paper
- Brown marker
- Brown construction paper
- Glue sticks
- Embellishments: i.e., scraps of paper, string, rhinestones, washi tape, buttons, string
- Print out and cut out the gingerbread man cookie template
- Use the brown pen to trace your gingerbread men cookies onto the brown construction paper
- Cut out (or have children cut out) the gingerbread men
- You or the child write the child’s name on the back of their “cookie”
- Have kids decorate the gingerbread man with the available embellishments
- Last, have children use the glue to secure the assembled pieces to their “cookie”
Fun, easy and kids can decorate their gingerbread however they want! They can make however many they want and they can do all sorts of things with the end results. Hanging them up together near the Christmas tree is one fun idea, or even getting a string to tie them all together and hang them around the Christmas tree could be fun too!
What type of crafts or things do you like to do inside when it’s too cold to be outside during the Winter?