Looking for some fun Halloween traditions and activities to do with the family this year? I have some really fun ideas listed below to let you and your family create some fun memories! Some are very light and fun hearted, while others are a bit more spooky, so it can fit anyone’s preference on how they want to spend the holiday! This is a great way to have some fun this Halloween season with you and your family!
I know for me carving pumpkins was always a blast when I was little! I love the templates you can now buy to really help you create awesome carved pumpkins like witches, cats, bats, and more. I never used one of them when I was little, but I wish I had! It was just a classic jack-o-lantern face for our family! It is easy to find any activity that can fit into a Halloween or Fall theme, below I have shared 25 options for you! But it could inspire you to find some other activity or new family tradition to do each year!
Halloween Activities List
- Carve Pumpkins
- Visit A Pumpkin Patch
- Make Spooky Halloween Desserts
- Visit a Scary Haunted House
- Go apple picking at an orchard.
- Drink or even make homemade cider.
- Make caramel apples
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Rake leaves and jump into the pile.
- Watch Halloween inspired movies like Hocus Pocus, Beetlejuice, Casper, etc.
- Collect leaves and create a craft
- Make Halloween decorations for the home
- Make goodie bags to hand out to kids Halloween night
- Go trick-or-treating
- Pass out candy to trick-or-treaters
- Make your own costumes
- Dress up your pets
- Take Halloween/Fall inspired family pictures
- Host a Halloween Party
- Go trunk or treating
- Create a scavenger hunt outdoors for all things Fall – fallen leaves, pine cones, etc.
- Read Halloween inspired books
- Go shopping for costumes
- Play games that are Halloween Inspired like Halloween inspired charades, etc.
- Go on a hay ride
What are some Halloween activities that your family enjoys?