Thanksgiving is going to be weird for us this year. It’s the first one without my mom and my dad said that he’s not doing holidays at his house anymore. I get it, but since most holidays have been held at their house since, well forever, it’s going to be weird to have them elsewhere. My sister is taking Christmas at her house this year, so I took Thanksgiving. I know that since it’s going to be the first major holiday without mom, it’s going to be extra hard for all of us. That’s why I decided I wanted to try to make Thanksgiving as fun as possible this year. One way that I am making it fun is by putting out some Chocolate Kiss Turkeys at each place setting. They are pretty easy to make and they are wicked cute!
Chocolate Kiss Turkeys
Here’s what you need:
- 8 Hershey Kisses
- 1 Sheet of Brown Paper
- 1 Piece of Red Felt
- 1 Piece of Orange Felt
- 16 Mini Googly Eyes
- 1 pkg. Small Feathers, assorted colors
- Glue Stick
Here’s what you do:
1. Cut 8 rectangles from the brown paper, approx. 2 ½ inches by 1 inch.
2. Cut 8 tiny triangle beaks from the orange felt, and 8 little wattles from the red felt. Just make sure you make them small enough to fit on the kisses.
3. On each Hershey kiss, glue on 2 googly eyes, a beak, and a wattle.
4. Fold each brown rectangle in half, crease it well, then open it back up.
5. On the back half of the rectangle, dab glue all over it. Press 4 little feathers in a row on the glue. Fold the paper back in half and press on it for about 10 seconds.
Open it up so the feathers are facing up in the air, and the bottom half the brown paper is flat against the table.
6. Glue the Hershey kiss turkey to the bottom half. The feathers should be standing up behind the kiss.
7. Enjoy making these cute little Thanksgiving turkey favors!
I am really excited to put these out for my family on Thanksgiving. I think they will really get a kick out of them.
Will you be making these fun Chocolate Kiss Turkeys this Thanksgiving or do you have another fun treat idea that you’re planning on making?