Summer cookout season is now upon us and it’s not a cookout without pasta salad. I have a few different pasta salad varieties that I make, but every now and then I make Greek Pasta Salad. I know it’s not for everyone, but if you like Greek salads, you will love ths Greek Pasta Salad! It’s really easy to make and it’s SO good!
The thing about pasta salads is that they are wicked easy to make so you can whip up a bowl of it in almost no time. The longest part is waiting for the pasta to cool off….but if you use my ice trick (see below), it helps get your pasta salad cooler much faster.
Greek Pasta Salad
Here’s what you need:
- Mostaccioli noodles
- Ken’s simply vinaigrette Greek dressing
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup green olives, drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by boiling a large pot of water. Add in the noodles and cook until they are al dente.
2. When they are done, strain the noodles, add some ice to help the noodles cool and stain again.
4. Mix in your salad dressing.
5. Mix In the rest of your ingredients one at a time: tomatoes, olives, feta cheese and red onions.
6. Chill your Greek pasta salad in the fridge and serve.
Pasta salad is a staple in our house during the summer and this Greek Pasta Salad is a nice change from the regular pasta salad I usually make for cookouts. And to be clear, we cookout A LOT in the summer because we don’t have much summer here in these parts (so we eat lots of pasta salad).
I hope you get a chance to try this Greek Pasta Salad this summer. Trust me, you will love it.