Around here, we LOVE Halloween. Since I was a kid, it has always been my favorite holiday and my kids love it, too. Our house is decked out to the nines, there are always Halloween treats (cupcakes, cookies, etc) available and lots of Halloween movies and shows will be playing on my television all month long. One of the things we did recently was to make some Homemade Jack O’Lantern Crayons. We had millions of old crayon bits laying around, so I figured that I would put them to good use. These Homemade Jack O’Lantern Crayons seriously couldn’t be any easier to make and my kids had a blast with them.
Homemade Jack O’Lantern Crayons
Here’s what you need:
- Old crayons
- Halloween silicone mold (I used the Jack O’Lantern one, but you can use any silicone mold you like)
Here’s what you do:
1. Place all of your old crayons into a large bowl and fill with warm water. Let the crayons soak for about 20-30 minutes and begin removing the wrappers. Repeat soaking if need. Soaking them in water helps the wrappers come off of the crayons nice and easily! Be sure to pat the crayons dry!
2. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
3. Break the crayons into smaller pieces and place them into your Halloween silicone mold.
4. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until all of the crayon bits are melted.
5. Remove the mold from the oven and let your new crayons cool.
6. Pop the cooled crayons out of the molds to use.
While the kids color, we love to watch some of our favorite Halloween movies on Netflix. There are LOTS of options, but these are our five favorite Halloween movies to stream on Netflix:
1. The Nightmare Before Christmas
4. Harry and the Hendersons
What’s your favorite Halloween movie?
Note: I am a member of the Netflix Stream Team. As part of the #streamteam, I have received product and complimentary service, but all opinions are 100% my own.