I just adore sugar scrubs. My poor skin gets so dried out in the winter time and I have always found homemade sugar scrubs really help to revitalize my skin. Plus, depending on the ingredients you use, they smell amazing. Since it’s that time of the year, I decided to make a Valentine’s Day Sugar Scrub recently. I didn’t get too crazy with the scents (this one is just vanilla scented), but it sure looks festive and pretty for Valentine’s Day. My favorite part is that sugar scrubs are so easy to make. They are ready in minutes so you can spend the day making all different kinds of scrubs, or just have this one ready to go in no time.
Valentine’s Day Sugar Scrub
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pink sugar sprinkles
- 1/2 Tablespoon Heart sprinkles
- 6 drops of vanilla essential oil
Here’s what you do:
1. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt your coconut oil for 30 to 40 seconds (be careful because the coconut oil gets hot quickly).
2. Add 6 drops of your essential oil to your melted coconut oil and mix them together.
3. In a small measuring cup, combine your sugar and essential oil/coconut oil blend and mix well.
4. Mix in your heart sprinkles.
5. Scoop your finished Sugar Scrub into an 8 oz mason jar.
Hope you get a chance to make this Valentine’s Day Sugar Scrub – or get creative and make one that fits your own style. Grab some different sprinkles or use a different scented oil for a completely different sugar scrub recipe.
Homemade sugar scrubs make me happy. The possibilities are literally endless, but I am happy with the way this Valentine’s Day Sugar Scrub came out. It would make a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day – or just keep it for yourself like I did.