I am hosting Christmas dinner this year at my house. I’m not going to lie, I am not really looking forward to it, but it’s happening none the less. I have been tinkering around with recipes for desserts to serve that day and ended up with these Hot Chocolate Cupcakes. They are seriously adorable and I know that all my guests are going to love them.
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
Here’s what you need:
- 6 Chocolate Cupcakes, prepared and unfrosted
- 1 Can Vanilla Marshmallow Frosting
- ½ cup Mini Marshmallows
- ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 8 Mini Candy Canes
- Christmas Jimmies
Here’s what you do:
1. Use a piping bag and tip to put a swirl of frosting in the middle of each cupcake to resemble whipped cream (or marshmallow fluff) on the top of hot chocolate. You can put a dollop with a spoon if you don’t have a piping bag. Just make sure to leave the edges of chocolate cake showing.
2. Sprinkle on some chocolate chips and marshmallows.
3. Take 2 of the candy canes and crush them into fine pieces. Take the other 6 candy canes and break or cut off about 2 inches of the straight end, so you have the entire rounded part left (Scissors actually work great to cut the candy canes).
4. Sprinkle a little of the crushed candy canes or Christmas jimmies on top of the frosting.
5. For the cup handle, hang one of the candy cane pieces onto the side of each cupcake. Press one end to the candy into the top of the cupcake on the edge and let it hang down on the side of the cupcake liner.
6. These cute little “cups of hot chocolate” are a great fun holiday treat!
I am excited to make them for my family on Christmas. I know they are going to love them!
Ok, so I have a question for you. Do you call it hot chocolate or hot cocoa? Obviously I am on team hot chocolate hence the Hot Chocolate Cupcakes, but I am curious what you call it.