If you’re looking for a fun wintery treat, I have just the thing for you. Hot Chocolate Pretzel Rods! They are super easy to make and will satisfy both your salty and sweet cravings!
Hot Chocolate Pretzel Rods
Here’s what you need:
- Pretzel rods
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Wilton bright white candy melts
- Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
You will also need:
- Tall glass
- Parchment paper
- Piping bag (or a Ziploc bag will work in a pinch if you don’t have one)
Here’s what you do:
1. Place your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted.
2. Pour your melted chocolate into your tall glass.
3. Dunk your pretzel rods 3/4 of the way into the melted chocolate. Let any excess chocolate drip off and place onto a parchment paper lined plate.
4. Transfer your pretzels to the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
5. Place your white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour into a piping bag and cut a tiny tip off the point of the bag. If you don’t have a piping bag, a Ziploc bag will do just fine.
6. Remove your pretzels from the freezer and drizzle your white chocolate over your chocolate covered pretzels.
7. Immediately press your marshmallow bits onto the white chocolate while it is still soft.
8. Let that for another 15 minutes until the white chocolate has completely hardened and enjoy.
I made a bunch of these Hot Chocolate Pretzel Rods to send into work with my husband the other day and I was told they were a huge hit!
Hope you get a chance to make some Hot Chocolate Pretzel Rods for yourself. They really are a yummy winter snack!