You ever want to just whip up a batch of cookies for your kids and watch their faces light up? That’s what I had in mind when I decided to make these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! Here is my delicious recipe (well, my mom’s actually)!
- 2 cups of butter, softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 6 cups of instant oats
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate
This recipe seemed easy enough for me to make, so I went ahead with it.
1. Come to find out I didn’t have any butter, so I used applesauce instead, seems legit.
2. In a large bowl I mixed “the butter” in with the sugars until they were light and fluffy. And then I beat in the eggs and vanilla. Last but not least, I slowly added in all of the other ingredients according to my mother’s recipe.
3. JUST KIDDING. I actually didn’t pay attention to what the directions said and I accidentally put everything in one bowl. I figured I can’t waste all of these ingredients, so I went ahead with the recipe.
4. Much to my dismay, at the end it says the mixture needs to be refrigerated for at least an hour. WHAT? I told my kids we were making cookies tonight. So, I throw it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
5. I put the little “balls” of mixture onto the cookie sheet and placed in my preheated 320 degree oven. “BAM” I thought…”these cookies are going to be amazing.”
6. Ten minutes later I look into my oven and they look like anything other than Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies (see picture above).
That is how you fail at making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. In all honesty, these were delicious, but they weren’t quite in the right “cookie” form to devour correctly.