We’re having some people over for a cookout on the 4th of July and when I have people over, I like to send my guests home with a little parting gift. I just think it’s fun to have little party favors, don’t you? This year I am making some Patriotic Lip Balm for my guests. The winters here in New England can be brutally cold and everyone can use some lip balm for their dry lips. But since I made them for the 4th of July, I wanted to make them festive – so I did. I was really happy with the way they came out and I know that my guests are going to love them.
Make Your Own Patriotic Lip Balm
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons beeswax pellets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shea butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2-3 drops vitamin E oil
- 4 drops therapeutic grade Peppermint oil
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- 5 Empty lip balm tubes
You will also need:
A clear glass measuring cup
A craft stick for stirring
Here’s what you do:
1. Measure your beeswax, Shea butter, and coconut oil, place it into your glass measuring cup and microwave it for about one minute or until all of the ingredients have melted.
2. Mix in your vitamin E oil and peppermint oil.
3. Mix in a 1/2 teaspoon of sprinkles and then carefully pour your melted ingredients into your lip balm tubes. Let it set in the fridge for about 15 minutes until the lip balm hardens up. And that’s it.
Have you ever tried to make your own lip balm? It’s actually easier than you think.
If you’ve never made your own lip balm, this Patriotic Lip Balm is a great one for you to start with. You can even add your own flair to the sprinkles and make different lip balms for different occasions.