I don’t know about you, but half of my summer is already booked up with cookout invites. We have such a short summer here in New England and no one really even needs an excuse to have one. Since we always get invited to so many, I usually like to whip up something quick and easy to bring with me. I mean, who wants to turn the oven on in the summer? Right?
This Orange Fluff Pie is not only DELICIOUS, it is really easy to make and bring with you to all your summer cookouts! It is sure to impress your friends, too!
Orange Fluff Pie
Here’s what you need:
- Two 6 oz. Graham Cracker Crusts
- 3 oz. pkg. Orange Gelatin
- 8 oz. Whipped Topping
- 20 oz. Canned Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 2/3 cup Boiling Water
- ½ cup Cold Water
- Ice Cubes
Here’s what you do:
1. Pour the package of gelatin into a bowl and add the boiling water. Stir until it’s dissolved.
2. Put the ½ cup of cold water into a measuring cup and slowly put ice cubes into it until the water fills up to the one cup mark. Mix the water and ice into the gelatin. Stir until the ice is melted.
3. Put the whipped topping into the bowl with the gelatin and whisk them together until they are thoroughly mixed.
4. Divide the mixture equally into each of your pie shells.
5. Make sure the oranges are drained very well, divide them and press them into each pie. I put a layer on and gently pressed them down into the filling.
I then went around with another layer of oranges and left them on top. Add less or more depending on what you like.
6. Let your pie set in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until it’s firm.
7. Garnish with more whipped topping (if you like) and serve!
If you need a quick and easy dessert this summer, try this Orange Fluff Pie – you won’t be disappointed.