As a busy parent, there are some nights in which I just don’t have time to cook a big meal. My youngest son’s gymnastics class is held from 5-6 pm on Thursdays – talk about a bad time to have an after school activity – and by the time we get home, it’s 6:20 in the evening. I just don’t have the time to cook a decent meal and get the kids in bed on time when we get home so late. On nights like that I thank god for my Instant Pot. Seriously, I don’t know how I ever got by without one! This Instant Pot Beef Stew recipe is ready in a little over a half hour and I love that I can make a home cooked meal for my family that doesn’t take too long to prepare.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
Here’s what you need:
- 3 red potatoes; diced
- 1 cup carrot chips
- 3 stalks of celery; diced
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 large white onion; diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon salt (you can always add more to taste if needed)
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 container beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Maggi seasoning
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by turning on your Instant Pot to saute.
2. Add in the celery, potatoes, beef, onion and meat.
3. Once the meat is lightly browned on the outside, turn your Instant Pot to high.
4. Add in carrots, spices, Maggi, and beef broth. Fill with water to max level.
5. Cook the beef stew on high pressure for 30 minutes.
6. After the 30 minutes is up, your delicious Instant Pot Beef Stew is ready to eat (one it cools down of course).
This Instant Pot Beef Stew makes a great meal for those nights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook.
Hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Beef Stew as much as my family does.