I am super excited to share the news about the new Jr. Celtics program here in Boston. It’s their brand new official youth basketball platform where kids will have the chance to learn the values of Celtics basketball by participating in on-court training right at the TD Garden in Boston! Yes, the kids get a chance to do some really fun drills and exercises on the very same court that our beloved Celts play on. If you’re child is a Celtics super fan, the Jr. Celtics program will provide the ultimate basketball experience.
Serving as the official youth basketball platform of the 17-Time World Champions, Jr. Celtics will promote the values of Celtics basketball through on-court training and exclusive events in a safe and fun environment directed towards youth development. Over 20 clinics will be offered in the program’s inaugural year, all of which will provide feature coaches, special guest VIP appearances and exclusive Jr. Celtics apparel. Clinics held at the Celtics’ Practice Facility in Waltham, or at TD Garden, will also feature exclusive access to team facilities.
My boys had a chance to experience the Jr. Celtics program last weekend and they both loved participating in the clinic. If you’re thinking about signing your kids up for this amazing program, here’s everything you need to know:
- The kids who participate are broken up into teams by age. Each team will have their own coach and the kids will work with their assigned coach for the whole clinic.
- Each child will get a Jr. Celtics jersey before they enter the court.
- The parents will be guided to a designated section where they can watch the drills/exercises, take photos and cheer the kids on.
- There is a “warm up” before the drills start, so the kids will have a chance to stretch.
- There are four stations in which the kids will rotate through while they’re there. Each station teaches them different skills like ball handling, defense and shooting.
- A team photographer is out on the court taking photos of the kids, so don’t worry if you didn’t get an award winning shot of your child on the court – all the event photos get emailed out after the event.
- The kids will not meet any Boston Celtics players, but they will meet Lucky the mascot!
- Since no outside food or drinks are allowed inside the arena, waters are passed out to all the kids as they exit.
For a young Boston Celtics fan, it’s an unforgettable experience.
The organization is also launching the Jr. Celtics Kids Club this season, a membership program offering multiple opportunities for young fans to stay connected to the team. Members will receive benefits such as gift items, monthly prize drawings and discounts to Jr. Celtics events.
If you do want to sign your kids up for an upcoming Jr. Celtics event, here’s what coming up next:
The Jr. Celtics clinic was a truly memorable experience for my boys and I think it’s something that all young Celts fans should get a chance to do at least once. My kids haven’t stopped talking about it since they participated and I know it’s a memory that’s going to last them a lifetime.
For more information on the program, or to register for upcoming Jr. Celtics events, visit www.Celtics.com/jrceltics