I have been on a chicken salad kick lately. I used to love it when I was a kid and for some reason I got away from it for a while. But I am back on it now and I have been making tons of it lately. I usually eat it on bread, but I got this idea make lettuce wraps out of them recently and they came out awesome. Like, seriously awesome. I have eaten these Loaded Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps every day for a week straight. They are really easy to make and I love that I can make and serve them fairly quickly. If you like chicken salad, give these loaded chicken salad lettuce wraps a try.
Loaded Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Here is what you need:
- 2 cups of Cooked Chicken, Shredded (Rotisserie Chicken works great for this)
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Celery, diced
- ½ cup Green Onion, diced
- ¼ cup Bacon, cooked and diced
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Season Salt
- Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Here’s what you do:
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the lettuce, and stir together until they are well mixed.
2. When ready to serve, put a small scoop of the chicken salad onto one of the lettuce leaves and serve.
3. Feel free to garnish with extra onion and bacon pieces if you would like. Everything is better with bacon, right?
4. These loaded chicken salad wraps make a delicious light summer meal!
I have eaten a lot of chicken salad in my lifetime, but the addition of bacon is fairly new for me. If you have never had bacon with your chicken salad, you are missing out. It’s phenomenal and you should definitely try it.
For a tasty meal idea this summer, give these Loaded Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps a try. I think you’ll like them.