Sundays are game day in our house and when the game is on, good snacks are a MUST. I don’t even think we could turn on the game without some delicious snacks whipped up and ready to eat. One of our favorite game day snacks are Roast Beef Loaded Potato Skins. They are really easy to make and they’re really filling, too.
Roast Beef Loaded Potato Skins
Here’s what you need:
- 10 Medium Baking Potatoes
- Green Onions, sliced
- 8 oz Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Large White Onion, chopped
- 12 oz Roast Beef lunch meat, sliced thick and cubed
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Provolone Cheese
Here’s what you do:
1. Bake the potatoes at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until they are tender.
2. Allow the potatoes to cool down enough that you can slice them in half and scoop out the insides.
3. In a medium saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onions. Season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until the mushrooms and onions are tender.
4. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
5. Layer the bottom of the potatoes with provolone cheese.
6. Add sauteed mushrooms, onions and cubed roast beef to each potato.
7. Cover the top of each potato with provolone cheese.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and roast beef is hot.
9. Garnish each potato with green onions while the cheese is hot and enjoy!
I make these Roast Beef Loaded Potato Skins pretty much every Sunday from October until the end of football season. When we have friends or family over to watch the game with us, they are always the most requested snack.
While we use roast beef in our Loaded Potato Skins, you can really get creative with your potato skins. Go ahead and mix and match cheeses, meats and veggies to make a creation that you and your family will love.