**Disclosure: I was stayed at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort as part of an awesome press trip at Universal Orlando Resort, but all of the opinions you will read here are strictly my own and were not influenced in any way. Really.**
Have you ever dreamt about visiting the South Seas, but were put off by the amount of travel involved? What if I told you that I know how you can get a taste of the South Seas, without having to travel halfway around the world. I recently had a chance to spend a few nights at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Resort and I honestly felt like I was on a tropical vacation.
As soon as I arrived, I was greeted with a cheerful “Aloha” by the friendly hotel staff member that checked me in. I arrived at the hotel a little bit before the 4 pm check-in time, so my room wasn’t quite ready when I got there. The folks over at Luggage Services gladly held my bag for me until my room was ready, which freed me up to explore the hotel.
While I waited, I sat outside in the Orchid Court Lounge. It’s a lovely area where I was able to enjoy the reflection pool that was surrounded by gorgeous carved statues.
Once my room was ready, the guys at Luggage Services brought my bag up to my room for me. I was in a room with two queen beds, but there are also rooms with a king bed available. All guestrooms come complete with all-cotton linens and complimentary Wi-Fi!
I loved that the room came with this well-designed work space and ergonomic desk chair so that I could work while I was there.
And check out the view from my room.
My favorite part of the Loews Royal Pacific Resort was their ah-mazing lagoon-style pool. I was there with the girls, but the mom in me was totally scoping out the pool area for a future trip there with the kiddos. Honestly, when I travel with my children, the pool is an important part of my decision making process. My boys will inevitably want to spend as much time in the water as possible, so a great pool is a must for me when I book a hotel. The Loews Royal Pacific Resort nailed it. I could seriously see booking a getaway there with my kids and never even making it to the parks – that’s how awesome this pool is.
Here are a few of the things I loved about the pool area:
- Royal Bali Sea interactive water play area for children
- Two (2) hot tubs
- Beach volleyball court
- Private cabanas available for rent. Cabana amenities include a ceiling fan, phone, TV, a refrigerator with water, soda and a fruit bowl. Please call 407-503-3235 for cabana reservations.
If you happen to be laying out by the pool and suddenly find yourself starving (which is often the case with me), the Bula Bar & Grille is located poolside. They have tables available if it’s easier, or you can stay right where you are (poolside) and they’ll bring a cocktail, ice-cold beer, or food items like light sandwiches, wraps and the Big Bula Burger right to you. The Bula Bar & Grille is open daily.
By the pool you will also find complimentary towels and chair covers to use while you’re there. And who knows, maybe you’ll meet some new friends while you’re hangin’ in the pool…..
If you’d rather, there is a sandy beach on the property where you can relax and/or even play a little beach volleyball.
Where to Eat
The Bula Bar & Grille is fantastic if you’re outside by the pool, but there are several other dining options at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort as well.
1. Emeril’s Tchoup Chop. Here you can experience some of master chef Emeril Lagasse’s Asian cuisine that’s “kicked up a notch.” Reservations are required and it’s open daily for lunch and dinner.
2. The Islands Dining Room serves Pan Asian cuisine with a twist; and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have an amazing breakfast buffet there & I ate there every morning during my stay. The food was delicious.
3. The Orchid Court Sushi Bar serves up some of the most inventive rolls and freshest sashimi around.
4. Jake’s American Bar has a variety of appetizers, salads, sandwiches and entrees!
There is definitely something for everyone! Or if you don’t feel like leaving the comfort of your room, room Service is available 24 hours a day!
For the Kiddos
Speaking of traveling with the little ones, the Loews Royal Pacific Resort has a wonderful program called the Loews Loves Kids programs. They know that kids have different needs than adults when they travel, so the program is designed to make it fun and easy for families to travel with with their kids. They have a library of games on hand and even offer childproofing kits if you need them so that your family’s travel is as seamless as possible.
Here are a few of the features:
- Complimentary “Loews Loves Kids” Welcome Gift presented upon arrival for children under 10
- A “Kids Closet,” offering items available for guests to use during their stay. These include toys and gear, books, car seats, strollers, night-lights, potty seats, baby bathtub, baby blankets, outlet protectors, self-contained DVD players with age appropriate DVDs—and more.
- Children’s menus with healthy option plus fun books with crayons
- Cribs and roll-away beds available for in-room use
- Child-proof kits for families with children under 4
- List of nearby tourist attractions and activities recommended for children, as well as nearby pharmacies, pediatricians and bonded babysitting services.
Loews Loves Pets
Did you know that Loews Hotels was the first national hotel chain to launch a pet program? They introduced the Loews Loves Pets program back in 2000. The program treats your four-legged family members just like VIPs (Very Important Pets)! They will provide your pet with amenities that include special a pet room-service menu, a welcome letter from the general manager along with a list of local pet services, pet toys, bedding and more.
I was really impressed with all the services and amenities available at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort. They really did think of everything. There is a really nice gym at the resort, a sweet game room, character meals (only on Sundays), a full service spa called the Mandara Spa, knowledgeable concierge staff, babysitting services and there is both self or valet parking available. There are also several gift shops on site for all your souvenir needs.
As a guest of the resort, you get exclusive theme-park benefits you can’t get by staying anywhere else. Such as:
- Universal Expresssm Unlimited ride access^ to SKIP THE REGULAR LINES in both theme parks—a FREE benefit worth up to $89 per person, per day^ (valid theme park admission required)
- Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)
Check-in is at 4 PM and check-out is at 11 am. I truly enjoyed staying there and I loved that the resort was within walking distance of both Universal parks and Universal’s CityWalk. Or if you prefer, there is a water taxi that goes back and forth from the hotel to CityWalk every few minutes all day long.
I absolutely loved staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort and highly recommend it. The resort is located at 6300 Hollywood Way in Orlando, FL, 32819!