If there is one thing I will never, ever, EVER cut out of my life it’s carbs. Hey, I am an Italian girl and carbs are in my blood. While pasta and bread will always be staples of my diet, if I can cut my carbs down a little, I will. This Low Carb, Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake recipe has 5 net carbs per serving and tastes absolutely delicious. Not only that, it’s really easy to make and when you’re craving a sweet treat, this is what you’re looking for – trust me on this.
Low Carb, Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake
- Cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- smallest pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp heavy cream/almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
1. Spray a coffee mug with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix cocoa powder, Splenda, and salt.
4. Add cream/milk, vanilla, and egg to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
5. Add baking powder and mix well.
6. Pour mixture into mug. It should fill about half of the mug.
7. Gently tap the mug on the counter to release any air bubbles.
8. Cook in microwave for about one minute. The top of the cake should be solid. Flip cake onto a plate to cool.
Top with whipped cream or berries! Making homemade whipped cream is optional, but I highly recommend it. It’s really easy to make and tastes better than anything you can get at the store.
Homemade Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 pint heavy whipped cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Splenda
Combine the ingredients in bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
This recipe is yummers and see how easy it is to make? How do you cut carbs?