You leave cookies and milk out for Santa on Christmas Eve, right? But what about Santa’s reindeer? A little birdie told me years ago that if you sprinkle some Magic Reindeer Food outside on Christmas Eve, it will make it easier for the reindeer to find your house. We make magic reindeer food every year and my boys love running outside before bed to sprinkle it all over the ground for the reindeer. It’s easy to make and you can even double/triple the batch to make enough for your kids to bring some into school to share with their friends.
Magic Reindeer Food
Here’s what you need:
- 2 ½-3 cups Quick Oats
- 5 Brown Pipe Cleaners
- 5 Plastic Sandwich Baggies
- Glitter, assort. colors
- Glue Stick
- Googly Eyes
- Red Poms
Here’s what you do:
1. Put the oats in a bowl, and mix in about 1-2 Tablespoons of each color of glitter.
2. Cut the zippered tops off each baggie and pour ½ cup of oat mixture into each baggie. Make sure to pour it into the corner of the baggie.
3. Now, take a pipe cleaner and tie each baggie closed. Twist it a few times around and leave the ends sticking up. Bend each of the ends back and forth a few times to resemble antlers.
4. Glue two googly eyes and a red pom on each bag and you’re done!
Spreading Magic Reindeer Food is such a fun idea for the kids on Christmas Eve.
Like my kids do, on Christmas Eve your kids can sprinkle some magic reindeer food outside on the lawn to feed Santa’s reindeer! I might suggest having the kids watch where they step, though. Otherwise they will end up tracking all that glitter back into the house and as you know, it’s hard to get rid of!
Magic Reindeer Food is really easy to make and it brings the kids so much joy to make this special treat for all of Santa’s reindeer on Christmas eve.