Since we’ve been in quarantine, I’ve been trying all kinds of new recipes. I don’t have the excuse of not having enough time to cook a big meal anymore, so I have really been enjoying trying some new things. There are a few meals that I have in constant rotation, though. Meatloaf Cupcakes is one of them. It’s a favorite around our house, so I make them often. It’s hard to find recipes that everyone eats without complaints, but meatloaf cupcakes are one of two in my house.
Here’s what you need:
- 2lbs Ground Beef
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Club Crackers
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- Bacon Bits
- Muffin/Cupcake Liners
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix the ground beef, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, Club Crackers & 1/4 cup Ketchup together.
3. Next, fill each muffin liner up with meat mixture.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
5. While the meatloaf cupcakes are baking, mix the remaining ketchup and brown sugar together.
6. Remove the meatloaf cupcakes from oven and frost them with ketchup mixture.
7. Then top with mashed potatoes. You can either use a knife or a Ziploc baggie an pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes (which is what I did).
8. Top them off by sprinkling your cupcakes with bacon bits.
9. Serve & enjoy your meatloaf cupcakes.
Of course love meatloaf in loaf form too, but I happen to think that cupcake form is a much more fun way to serve them. Plus, I am a fan of anything that’s single serving, so these are perfect.
Have you ever made Meatloaf Cupcakes? They are a fun twist on a classic meal. This easy recipe will surely be a family favorite for many years to come.