There are certain nights of the week that we are super busy after school. On those nights, we don’t get home until after 6 pm, so I don’t have a long time to get a meal on the table. I actually prefer 30 minute (or less) meals on those days because I like to have dinner done and over with by 7 pm so that we can start our night time routine. One of my family’s favorites are Mini Shepherd’s Pot Pies. Talk about comfort food!! The Mini Shepherd’s Pot Pies are ready in about a half hour and they go over big with my family.
Mini Shepherd’s Pot Pies
Here’s what you need:
- ½ lb. Ground Beef, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ -2 cups Mashed Potatoes, homemade or store bought
- 1 pkg. of 2 Pie Crusts
- 8-10 oz. bag of Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- ½ cup Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a skillet that you cooked the ground beef in, add the flour, onion, and beef broth. Mix together and heat it for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the vegetables to the skillet and mix in well. Set aside.
4. Roll out the pie dough and cut out 4 inch circles. You should get 14 circles. You might have to re-roll the dough scraps to get a few extra.
5. Place the circles into a muffin pan. Press each one down into the pan and make sure you press the sides in, too. Bake these for about 5-6 minutes.
6. Take out of the oven, and fill the pie crusts with the meat mixture about ¾ full. Add a dollop of mashed potatoes on top and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
7. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees, and bake for another 6-8 minutes until your pies are heated through and the crust is golden brown.
8. Enjoy your mini shepherd’s pot pies!
I hope you like these Mini Shepherd’s Pot Pies as much as my family did.
These Mini Shepherd’s Pot pies are super easy to make and they are perfect for a chilly winter night dinner.