You’ve seen my Minion Strawberries before and today, I am sharing my Oreo Minions. Oreo’s are a BIG favorite in my house and when my kids saw that I had made Minions out of them, they were so excited.
Here’s what you need:
- Black, Yellow and Blue Candy Melts (you can also used white chocolate that you color with food dye)
- Candy Eyeballs
- Candy Melts E-Z Thin (you can also use Crisco)
- Candy Melts Decorating Tips
- Decorating Bags or Ziploc Bags
Here’s what you do:
1. Open the box of Oreo’s and unwrap them. Set aside.
2. Pour the yellow candy melts into a small measuring cup or bowl and follow the directions on the package directions for melting. Use E-Z Thin to thin out the candy melts or a bit of Crisco, but just add a small amount at a time because you want your candy melts to be a consistency that you can dip your Oreo’s into.
3. Dip one end of your Oreo into the melted yellow candy melts. You’ll want to coat a little more than half the Oreo. Pull the Oreo out of the candy melts and allow some of the excess to drip off. Place the Oreo on a wire cooling rack. After the excess has dripped off, move to a sheet of wax paper to dry.
4. Repeat step 2 with the blue candy melts.
5. Dip the other end of your Oreo into the melted blue candy melts. You’ll want to coat about ⅓ of the cookie. Pull the Oreo out of the candy melts and allow some of the excess to drip off. Place the Oreo on a wire cooling rack. After the excess has dripped off, move to a sheet of wax paper to dry.
6.Repeat step 2 with the black candy melts.
7. Pour the black candy melts into a decorating bag or ziploc bag with the smallest candy melts decorating tip attached.
8. Pipe black lines onto your Minion.
9. If you would like to add gray to the goggles, you’ll need to add white candy melts to another batch of black candy melts and prepare a second decorating bag.
10. Pipe circles of black (or gray if you make a batch) onto the black lines. While the candy melts are still wet, add the candy eyes.
11. Pipe on some fun faces with the black candy melts and add buttons onto their overalls. You could also add some hair! Have fun with these and let your little ones help.
Speaking of the Minions, did you know that you can watch the Minions on Netflix any time you want? We seriously love the Minions around here and have watched it many times this summer already!
Oreo Minions are easy to make and will surely be a huge hit with your favorite Minion lovers!
Note: I am a member of the Netflix StreamTeam. As part of the #streamteam, I have received product and complimentary service, but all opinions are 100% my own.