We seriously love the Minions in our house. I surprised my kids with these Minion strawberries the other day and they almost flipped their lids. They could not have been easier to make and they are oh so cute.
Here’s what you need:
- Fresh Strawberries
- Black, Yellow and Blue Candy Melts (you can also used white chocolate that you color with food dye)
- Candy Eyeballs
- Candy Melts E-Z Thin (you can also use Crisco)
- Candy Melts Decorating Tips
- Decorating Bags or Ziploc Bags
Here’s what you do:
1. Wash your strawberries, set them on a paper towel and allow them to dry completely.
2. Pour the yellow candy melts into a small measuring cup or bowl. Follow the directions on the package directions for melting your chocolate. Use E-Z Thin to thin out the candy melts or a little bit of Crisco, but just add a small amount at a time because you want your candy melts to be a consistency that you can dip your strawberries into.
3. Dip the majority of the strawberry into the yellow candy melts. Pull the strawberry out of the melted candy and allow some of the excess to drip off. Place the strawberry on a wire cooling rack. After the excess has dripped off, move to a sheet of wax paper to dry.
4. While your strawberries dry, repeat step 2 with the blue candy melts.
5. Dip the tip of your strawberry into the blue candy melts. Pull the strawberry out of the candy melts and allow some of the excess to drip off. Place the strawberry on a wire cooling rack. After the excess has dripped off, move to a sheet of wax paper to dry.
6. Repeat step 2 with the black candy melts.
7. Pour the black candy melts into a decorating bag or ziploc bag with the smallest candy melts decorating tip attached. Pipe black lines onto your Minion.
8. If you would like to add gray to the goggles, you’ll need to add white candy melts to another batch of black candy melts and prepare a second decorating bag.
9. Pipe circles of black (or gray if you make a batch) onto the black lines. While the candy melts are still wet, add the candy eyes.
10. Pipe on some fun faces with the black candy melts and add buttons onto their overalls. You could also add some hair! Have fun with these and let your little ones help.
I love how my minion strawberries came out. They were wicked easy and a definite hit with my kiddos.