This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
One thing we do every single summer is head to the drive-in. We only do it once a year because it ends up being such a late night, but it’s such a treat for the kids when we go. Since we only go once, we choose the movie we want to watch there very carefully. We make sure it’s something that we really want to see. You guessed it, this past summer we chose the Minions movie!
We are super excited that our favorite summer movie just came out on Blu-Ray/DVD on December 8th! I ran out to get it that day and we have been watching it a lot over the past week. We just love the Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
The day I got it, we had a family movie night to watch it – but what’s a movie night without a snack? Of course Illumination Entertainment’s Minions movie was the inspiration for my recipe. It is the perfect recipe to include in our Minions Movie night!
Here’s what you need:
- 3 Cups of rice cereal
- 3/4 Cup blue candy melts
- 3/4 Cup yellow candy melts
- 1/2 Cup marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract x 2
- 1/3 Cup powdered sugar x 2
- Blue and yellow chocolate candies
- Candy smiles and eyes
Here’s what you do:
1. Separate your cereal into 2 different bowls.
2. Then pour 1/3 cup powdered sugar into 2 separate plastic bags that zip and set aside.
3. Melt your candy melts in 2 separate microwave safe bowls on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly until melted.
4. Mix in 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring in each of melted chocolate bowls.
5. Place 1/4 cup of marshmallow on top of each bowl of melted chocolate and place back in the microwave for 15 seconds and mix.
6. Pour your yellow chocolate mix over one bowl of cereal and the blue chocolate over the other bowl and carefully stir until your cereal is covered.
7. Now scoop your covered cereal into the separate zippered bags (filled with powdered sugar) and shake, use your fingers to separate the clumps of cereal.
8. Mix your Muddy Buddies in a large serving bowl and top off with your chocolate candies, candy eyes, and candy smiles.
It is the perfect Minions movie snack!
You can purchase the Minions movie from these national retailers or right on the Minions movie website!
Be sure to check out more delicious recipes inspired by the Minions movie release. What’s your favorite movie night recipe!