This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
Every year my mommy friends and I do something fun – a Christmas cookie exchange. It was something that we all participated in when we were all in the moms club in town together and even once our kids aged out of the club, many of us carried on the tradition. Every December we pick a morning and get together to exchange cookies, have some tea, coffee or hot chocolate and share some laughs together. It’s something that I look forward to all year long.
Here are the cookies my mom friends are going to be getting this year at the annual cookie exchange:
Here’s what you need:
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- M&M’s® White Peppermint
- M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate
- One gallon of Great Value milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Here’s what you do:
1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine your Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix, oil, eggs, vanilla, and baking powder.
3. Mix your ingredients by hand.
4. Once your ingredients are mixed well, add in 1/8 cup of your M&M’s® White Peppermint and 1/8 cup of your M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate. Fold them into your batter.
5. Using a tablespoon scoop small scoops of your batter onto a baking pan, make sure they’re spaced far enough apart.
6. Bake for 9 minutes and let cool on a wire rack.
7. Once your cookies are cooled off, top of your your Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting and some sprinkles!
If you plan on making some cookies this holiday season, too, you might want a brand spankin’ new KitchenAid Mixer to help make them. If you don’t have one, or want to gift one, or want one for yourself, you enter to win one here:
I would love it if one of my readers won!
But back to my cookies. I love that I was able to grab all of my ingredients right at Walmart. It makes life easier when I can grab everything I need in one place, you know?
While I was there, I picked up some milk, because what goes better with cookies than a nice cold glass of milk?
But did you know that there are hungry children and their families right in your community that are missing out on the essential nutrients supplied by milk because it’s not typically donated to food banks – even though it’s in really high demand. That’s why I LOVE the Great American Milk Drive will deliver a gallon of milk – and all of the essential nutrients, including protein, that it provides – to a family in need in YOUR local community. When you purchase 2 bags of M&M’s® at Walmart (9.4 oz bags or larger) and up to a gallon of milk will be donated to the drive. That makes my heart happy!
Here are some more stats for you. More than 46.5 million Americans – including one in every six children – rely on Feeding America food banks every single year and one of the most requested food items is milk. On average, food banks are only able to provide the equivalent of less than one gallon of milk per person per year because while so many Americans are generous with canned and dry goods, a lot of people don’t think to donate milk because it’s perishable. You can join Feeding America in The Great American Milk Drive, the first-ever national program to help deliver highly desired and nutrient-rich gallons of milk to hungry families who need it most.
Christmas cookies and donating to families in my community who are in need – what can be better this time of the year?
Do you participate in a Christmas cookie exchange? If so, here are some more holiday recipes that you may want to check out.