In my house there is a lot of fighting over food. Mostly between my two growing boys, but sometimes I join in when it’s something I really like. Oh, and in case you were wondering, it’s 100% true what they say about growing boys eating you out of house and home. In the interest of less fighting, I have had to resort to making things in individual serving sizes whenever I can. We are all blueberry pie lovers in our family (uh, who DOESN’T love blueberry pie??!!??) and these Blueberry Hand Pies are perfect to keep the kids from fighting over dessert. Try them, it makes dessert time so much easier and plus, they are flippin’ delicious.
Blueberry Hand Pies
Here’s what you need:
- Ready-made pie crust (to make this pie extra quick, you can also opt for the ready-made pie crust that’s already in mini-pie sizes)
- Flour for rolling
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. If you decide to make your own mini-pie shapes: on a surface covered with flour, roll out your pie crust. Cut out 2-inch circles (with a cookie cutter) of the rolled-out dough and place each pie circle in a muffin tin.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix blueberries, cornstarch, sugar, and lemon. Fill each pie crust with your blueberry mixture and dot it with butter.
4. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes or until pie crust is golden. Be sure the pies are completely cool and set before taking them out of the muffin tin (otherwise they will smoosh in the process and it will end up being a complete disaster).
Hope you enjoy your Blueberry Hand Pies as much as we did!
If individual sized desserts are what you’re looking for, these Blueberry Hand Pies are quick, easy and delicious.