Disclosure: I received compensation from McDonald’s in exchange for writing this review. All opinions expressed here are my own and were not influenced in any way.
When I was a kid, going to eat at McDonald’s was the biggest treat there was. I don’t mean getting take-out, which was always awesome, but I mean eating inside. Whenever my sister, brother or I got a good report card, off to McDonald’s we would go. A lot has changed since then and I, for one, am excited about some awesome new changes at McDonald’s.
I got to experience some of the new changes at McDonald’s recently and I am wicked excited to share them with you here today.
You see, McDonald’s is always looking for new ways to raise the bar on everything they do — from their food, to putting more choice and control in the hands of their customers. They’re taking big steps to improve their customers’ dining experience at McDonald’s, offering new ways to order and pay, table service and premium menu choices.
Signature Crafted Sandwiches
It started with All Day Breakfast and continued with their updated Chicken McNuggets®. Then McDonald’s offered a Mac sandwich for every occasion and now, with inspiration from their customers, McDonald’s is proud to introduce Signature CraftedTM Recipes, made with premium ingredients and full of flavors everyone will love.
Customers can select a freshly prepared quarter-pound 100 percent beef patty, Buttermilk Crispy Chicken or Artisan Grilled Chicken with either a sesame seed bun or toasted Artisan Roll. They use premium ingredients for the Maple Bacon Dijon, Pico Guacamole and Sweet BBQ Bacon sandwiches on their new Signature CraftedTM Recipes menu.
I was invited to go back into the kitchen where they prepare all of their food and guys, it’s fresh. I saw all of the food and can personally attest to the quality of what was back there. I was super impressed.
Here are the three new sandwich offerings:
- Pico Guacamole: Smooth and creamy meets chunky and spicy with white cheddar cheese, guacamole made with 100% Hass avocados, freshly prepared Pico de Gallo, crisp leaf lettuce and creamy buttermilk ranch sauce made with real buttermilk and sour cream blended with shallots, garlic and spices. Served with a fresh lime wedge.
- Sweet BBQ Bacon: Sweet BBQ heat meets savory, with grilled onions, thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon, creamy white cheddar, delicious BBQ sauce, all topped with golden crispy onions.
- Maple Bacon Dijon: A satisfying combination of sweet and savory, with grilled onions, thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon with sweet maple seasoning, white cheddar, crisp leaf lettuce grown and a creamy Dijon sauce.
I had the Sweet BBQ Bacon on a sesame seed bun with grilled chicken and it was absolutely delicious.
“Just for You” Experience
McDonald’s is happy to provide their customers with more choices through the gradual rollout of their new “Just for You” experience at select Greater Boston locations.
As of May 5th, there are 11 restaurants in the region that have introduced the new features detailed below, with dozens more slated to do so throughout the year.
- Touchscreen, self-order kiosks that let you order exactly what you want with more choices than ever before.
- Pay your way: Now, when ordering at one of the touchscreens, you can pay with your card at the kiosk or use mobile pay options like Apple or Android Pay. (And yes, you can still pay at the cash register if you prefer.)
- Table Service! At McDonald’s!: That’s right. Select McDonald’s locations in Greater Boston will now bring your food right to your table! The introduction of table service makes the dining-in experience more comfortable and convenient, and gives their crew members an opportunity to connect with guests in another personal way.
McDonald’s is super excited to give their customers a fun new way to enjoy every last bite of the new Signature Crafted Sandwiches with the new limited edition Frork™ , which was introduced on May 5th at participating McDonald’s (while supplies last).
The folks at McDonald’s found that when their customers’ toppings fall from their sandwiches, they reach for something to scoop them up: their World Famous Fries®.
The Frork™ has a silicon fork-shaped base with an opening at the top. It’s easy to use: simply insert three fries and start scooping! Customers have the chance to get a Frork™ with the purchase of any Signature Crafted™ Recipe menu item while supplies last on May 5 at participating restaurants.
Are you excited about all of the new changes at McDonald’s?