While I don’t love staying up until midnight on New Year’s Eve anymore, my kids sure do. I am used to going to bed around 9-9:30 pm, so midnight is a real struggle for me. With that being said, I figured that a little sugar rush would keep me up for a while. I came up with these fun New Year’s Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes, which are not only loaded with sugar (doh!), they are perfect for New Year’s Eve festivities.
New Year’s Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes
Here’s what you need:
- 8 Mini Cupcakes, prepared and unfrosted
- 1 Can Vanilla Frosting
- 1 pkg. Mini Chewy Sweetarts
- 8 Yellow Gumballs
- 8 Clear Plastic Shot Glasses
- 8 Toothpicks, with frilly cellophane tops
- Gold and Silver Sugar Crystals
Here’s what you do:
1. Frost your cupcakes using a piping bag and tip, or you can just spread it on in a thick layer by hand if you like. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can accomplish the same effect with a Ziploc bag!
2. Sprinkle the gold and silver sugar all over the frosting.
3. Next, pour some of the candy into each shot glass and fill almost halfway.
4. Place a cupcake into each glass.
5. Poke a gumball onto each toothpick, and poke a toothpick down into the frosting on top each cupcake. If it’s easier, the ball can just rest on top the frosting.
And just like that you have a Fun New Year’s Eve treat to serve to your family – or whoever you are spending the night with.
I know my kids are going to love eating these fun Ball Drop Cupcakes on New Year’s Eve!
If you’re looking for a fun sweet treat to serve on New Year’s Eve, try making some of these festive New Year’s Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes. What a fun way to send off the year.