On those hot summer days, these frozen treats will cool you off and give you the cozy feeling of a campfire. You won’t need a fire to create this revamped smore. But, you will get that same velvety filling squished with chocolate between two sweet graham crackers for a delightful crunchy and creamy combo.
You will need to plan ahead. Prepping the night before is best and it sets you up for an easy dessert that is fun and delicious. It can also be a healthier alternative to those fire-free versions that replace marshmallows with frosting. Make room for a pan in your freezer and get ready to enjoy the praise for your ingenuity.
You Will Need:
1 tub of whipped topping – any kind works
Chocolate bars you can easily break
1 long pan with sides
Clear plastic wrap
To Create No Fire Needed Frozen Smores
1. Line the pan with clear plastic wrap ensuring some overlaps the sides of the pan. This will help with removal later.
2. Spread a tub of whipped topping in the bottom of the pan in an inch-thick layer.
3. Freeze overnight for best results. If you are in a pinch 3-4 hours will do.
4. Remove the frozen topping from the pan by pulling on excess plastic wrap and place on a counter.
5. Using a knife or cookie cutters, create shapes or squares.
6. Place half of a graham cracker on your plate, stack a portion of the chocolate bar on top of it and complete it with the whipped topping cutout you created and the other half of the graham cracker.
Use low fat graham crackers and whipped topping along with dark chocolate to make this treat a little more figure-friendly. Unused topping can be stored in the freezer until you are ready for more.