Well, well, well…..we finally made it. Made it to what? Halloween week of course. Some people love different holidays for different reasons, but around here, we love Halloween. We’ve been looking forward to it since last October and it’s finally here! Since it’s a week long celebration in our house, I decided to surprise my gruesome twosome with a fun after-school snack: Nutter Butter Frankensteins.
These Nutter Butter Frankensteins are really easy to make and they are a wicked fun Halloween treat.
Nutter Butter Frankensteins
Here’s what you need:
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Green candy coating
- Small candy eyes
- Chocolate Morsels
- Black sprinkles/jimmies, or sugar
- Black decorating icing
NOTE: If you cannot find candy eyeballs, mini chocolate chip morsels make a great substitute.
Here’s what you do:
1. Melt the candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
2. Resting the cookie on a fork, spoon candy coating over the cookie and then tap the fork against the side of your bowl to remove excess candy coating.
3. Spoon the black sprinkles over one side of the cookie and place one chocolate morsel on each side. Add the candy eyeballs while the candy is still wet. Place on waxed paper to dry.
4. Allow candy coating to harden. Using a toothpick or small, clean paintbrush, draw a mouth on the cookie with the black decorating icing.
Store your Frankensteins in an airtight container at room temperature. Placing in the refrigerator may cause the cookie to soften.
What do you think about these Nutter Butter Frankensteins?
I hope you get a chance to make your own Nutter Butter Frankensteins this Halloween!