For years my oldest (who is not 14) struggled to find his “thing”. He tried all kinds of different sports over the years and he even took drum lesson for a few years. We thought we finally found something he loved in karate, but the horrible people that ran his dojo ended up making him hate something he really loved for a while there.
Anyways, last year (almost two full years after he quit karate), it happened. He’s FINALLY found “his thing” – basketball. He plays on a church league run by my town, which he absolutely loves! His team made the playoffs this season and the first playoff game is this weekend so I made these Oreo basketball pops to celebrate the accomplishment. They are wicked easy to make and seriously, who doesn’t love chocolate covered Oreos?
Oreo Basketball Pops
Here’s what you need:
- Oreo cookies
- 2 cups orange candy melts
- 1 cup brown candy melts
- Lollipop sticks
- Parchment paper
- Decorating bag
Here’s what you do:
1. Lay out a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
2. Heat your orange candy melts in a small bowl on 50% power in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
3. Open each Oreo, dip the end of each lollipop stick heavily into the melted chocolate and press your stick carefully into the white filling.
4. Scoop a little extra melted candy melts onto the center and press the cookies together.
5. Allow the chocolate to harden then hold the stick and dip the Oreo into the melted chocolate, letting any excess drip off.
6. Place the Oreo pops onto your parchment paper lined baking sheet and transfer the sheet to the freezer for 10 minutes.
7. Heat your brown candy melts on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted, pour into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the bottom.
8. Use the melted brown candy decorating bag to draw the basketball lines on, let harden for about 10 minutes.
Enjoy your Oreo basketball pops!
If you love basketball, these Oreo Basketball Pops are a perfect game day treat.