**Masshole Mommy and her family received complimentary admission to LEGOLAND® California in order to experience the park and provide an honest opinion. All opinions expressed here are strictly my own and were not influenced in any way**
During our recent trip to California, we got to spend an entire day at LEGOLAND®. It was something that I have always wanted my kids to experience and I was so happy that I had the opportunity to take them. We went with my sister in law, brother and law & nephew who live in San Diego and it was even better going to the park knowing that we got to spend the day with family!
We actually went on Easter Sunday and I am glad that we chose that day because the park was not as crowded as it probably normally would have been on any other Sunday. In case you are unfamiliar, LEGOLAND® California is a 128-acre family theme park located in Carlsbad, a seaside community 30 miles north of downtown San Diego and one hour south of Anaheim.
As soon as we got there, the kids couldn’t wait to get on some rides. Explore Village was our first stop and the Safari Trek was our first ride.
We loved all the safari animals built out of Lego bricks! Afterwards, we headed over to Fun Town!
Fun Town – LEGOLAND California’s own kid-sized town square where creativity and imagination abound.
· One of the most popular rides in the Park, Fun Town Police and Fire Academy – It’s interactive family fun as families pile into either a fire truck or police vehicle to put out fires and stop robbers. It’s a fun competition and an attraction where children can truly be a hero!
· Driving School – A “real-life” driving experience for children ages 6 through 13, where kids receive their official LEGOLAND driver license.
· Junior Driving School – A scaled down version driving school course for children ages 3 through 5.
· Sky Cruiser – Guests cycle their way around in high-flying people-powered pedal cars.
· Kid Power Towers – Kids and parents alike ride to the top of one of three towers to get a great view of the entire Park and even the ocean, and then enjoy a fun “free-fall” to the bottom.
· Skipper School – Young adventurers learn boating skills as they navigate through the “Skipper’s” watery course.
· Sky Patrol – Pint-sized pilots maneuver their own LEGO helicopter.
· Flight Squadron – Young aviators “fly” their own biplane.
· Adventurers’ Club – Families search for hidden keys on a mysterious journey that takes explorers through the Amazon rainforest, ancient Egypt and the Arctic – all made from LEGO bricks, of course!
· LEGO Clubhouse – Kids and parents stock up on bulk LEGO brick and Make & Create kits while enjoying ice cream, popcorn, beverages and snacks.
· LEGO Factory Tour – Guests walk through a mini-factory featuring real automated machinery demonstrating molding, decorating, assembly and packaging of LEGO toy sets.
· Fun Town Stage – “The Big Test” acrobatic fire-safety show teaches and entertains guests of all ages.
· Fun Town Market Restaurant – This market-style restaurant features a variety of world cuisine prepared fresh before your eyes, a full salad bar and much more.
· Fun Town Hot Dog – Featuring specialty hot dogs, corn dogs, chili dogs and more – YUM!
· Burger Stop – Grab your license and a bite at this good ol’ burger stand located right next to the driving schools.
· Brick Brothers Trading Company – This is where the best dressed LEGO fans get their gear, including Quicksilver and Roxy brands.
· Model Mom Care Center/Lost Parents – Parents can feed their babies in a comfortable rocking chair, keep formula cold in a refrigerator and change the baby all in one cozy, comfortable nook right off the main street in Fun Town; guests also can get all their questions answered here and reunite with lost parents.
The Driving School and Sky Patrol were both big hits with my guys:
After that, we were off to Explore Village because my nephew, who is a season pass holder at the park, told us about this awesome playground that was over there.
Explore Village – Kids of all ages enjoy this area themed with tons of DUPLO® bricks.
· Fairy Tale Brook – An enchanting boat ride featuring LEGO models of many favorite childhood Grimm fairytale characters.
· Safari Trek – Guests venture into the wilds of Africa to see life-sized giraffes, zebras, lions and more – all made of LEGO bricks.
· Water Works – Interactive water play area where kids can play and splash to the tune of music!
· Musical Fountain – Children step on the colored circles surrounding this huge fountain and the LEGO instruments play a lively tune!
· Zany Zoo – Kids use their power to pedal or crank and get a jet of water, then hit targets by the life-sized LEGO animals, and watch them move!
· Rain Maker – Youngsters become rainmakers by taking a turn on a huge crank and drenching an umbrella-holding LEGO friend below.
· Stomp and Spritz – Watch as kids stomp on these huge rubber circles and jets of water leap up all around them.
· Playtown – A play area featuring interactive playhouses, geared toward children ages five and under.
· LEGOLAND Express – All aboard for a pint-sized adventure on this colorful locomotive.
· Wok-n-Bowl Ramen – Gourmet Japanese style Ramen House featuring freshly prepared stir-fry dishes like orange chicken and teriyaki. Selection of vegetarian choices as well.
· Studio Store – Visit this store to pick-up all your favorite LEGO® licensed products, like Clutch Powers, Bob the Builder, SpongeBob, Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Batman.
The Duplo Playtown was what my nephew was referring to, and it was so much fun for my boys. Even though it is geared towards little ones, my oldest spent time there with his little brother and they both loved it.
Imagination Zone – This zone emphasizes exploring and creation, while showcasing seven of the most visually exciting LEGO models in the world, including a replica of Albert Einstein’s head.
· LEGO® Hero Factory attraction! Guests can create their own heroes (or villains) and meet their favorite Hero Factory characters.
· LEGO Show Place – features two films
The new “LEGO® Legends of Chima 4D Movie Experience” is 12 minute animated 4-D film opening March 8! It’s complete with high-impact special effects designed to transport audiences to the LEGO world of Chima. You’ll travel to a fantastical place where tribes of animal warriors compete in epic battles for “CHI” – a mystical energy source of limitless power and destruction.
“A Clutch Powers 4-D Adventure” – Clutch Powers, a brand new character from LEGO®, is the best builder and explorer in the LEGO universe. The creative world of LEGO comes to life in this 10-minute show featuring amazing 3-D effects combined with rain, wind and a giant LEGO monster for an action packed and fun 4-D adventure running daily in the LEGO Show Place.
· LEGO TECHNIC® Test Track – Brave guests feel the power of acceleration, braking and maneuverability as they race a life-size LEGO TECHNIC vehicle along a wild roller coaster track. This coaster is one of the fastest rides at LEGOLAND, topping speeds of 26 mph with a five-story drop.
· AQUAZONE® Wave Racers – The first dual water carousel ride in North America. Riders zip in and out of waves as they dodge water blasters.
· BIONICLE™ Blaster – An interactive spinning ride that puts guests in the middle of the action. The more they spin the wheel in the center of the car, the wilder the ride.
· Xbox Family Game Space – Features 13 game stations where guests can experience LEGO STAR WARS™ and other family-friendly games like LEGO INDIANA JONES™, LEGO BATMAN™ and Monsters vs. Aliens all year-round.
· DUPLO Play – Imaginations come alive in this area where younger children create LEGO brick masterpieces.
· Build & Test – Build a LEGO car and test it against the competition on the digitally timed track.
· LEGO MINDSTORMS™ – Build and program cutting edge, computerized LEGO MINDSTORMS™ robots. Reservations are recommended.
· Pizza & Pasta Buffet– Pizza and Pasta Buffet offers quality food that is ready when you are. Enjoy homemade pasta and sauces, hot pan pizza, fresh salads, breadsticks and soft drinks all at one All You Care to Eat price.
· Pizza Mania – Whole personal pizzas, salads, soft serve ice cream, snacks and more.
We spent the more time at the LEGO TECHNIC® Test Track than anywhere else in the park that day. Honestly, my boys had a blast designing and racing their Lego car creations.
Here is everything else you are probably wondering about:
GENERAL PARK INFORMATION
One LEGOLAND Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
(760) 918-LEGO (5364)
Directions: From Interstate 5 – Exit Cannon Road in Carlsbad. Go east, following signs to LEGOLAND Drive.
Park hours vary; please call (760) 918-LEGO or visit www.LEGOLAND.com for details.
Adults $ 78.00
Children (3-12) $ 68.00
SEA LIFE Aquarium Only
Adults $ 20.00
Children (3-12) $ 15.00
SEA LIFE Hopper (includes admission to LEGOLAND Park and SEA LIFE Aquarium)
Adults $ 91.00
Children (3-12) $ 81.00
Water Park Hopper (includes admission to LEGOLAND California Park and LEGOLAND Water Park)
Adults $ 91.00
Children (3-12) $ 81.00
Resort Hopper (includes admission to LEGOLAND California Park,LEGOLAND Water Park and SEA LIFE Aquarium)
Adults $ 97.00
Children (3-12) $ 87.00
Motorcycles – $5, Cars – $15, Campers/RVs – $20. Buses and bicycles are free. Preferred Parking is available for $20.
We had such a fun day at LEGOLAND® California and I am so happy that my family got to spend the day exploring the park.