I love everything about Christmas. The music, the decorations, the shopping, the parties…..I love every bit of it. Speaking of Christmas decorations, I have more than the average person. I have a weakness when it comes to decorating my house for Christmas and year after year I keep adding to the collection. Lately I have been into making homemade decorations. When I helped clean out my parent’s attic after my mom passed, I ended up walking out with a bunch of stuff that I saved from going to the dump. One of the things I saved was a bag of clothespins and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. Make a Painted Clothespin Wreath. I’ve seen them all over the internet and I was excited to make one of my own.
Painted Clothespin Wreath
Here’s what you need:
- 58 clothes pins
- 10 inch single wire wreath form
- Green Paint – or paint of your choice
- Foam Paint Brush
Here’s what you do:
1. Paint the faces of each clothes pin.
2. Once your clothespins are completely dry, clip them on to the wire wreath form.
3. Make sure that the pin’s hinge is touching the wire form, as this gives it a more secure form in the end. (Otherwise they will be twisting and turning and you would need a lot more clothes pins to fill it up).
4. Tie a ribbon to hang and add a bow or banner for some flare!
What do you think about my Painted Clothespin Wreath? I am really happy with the way it came out and I think it’s going to look awesome on my front door.
If you are looking for a fun and festive DIY Christmas decoration, try making a Painted Clothespin Wreath! It’s easy to make, doesn’t cost much in supplies and it’s seriously cute.