Memorial Day is next week and before we know it, it will be the 4th of July. Man, they came up quick this year didn’t they? I am not sure what our plans for July 4th are yet (because we will have out of town guests staying with us this year), but we are definitely having some people over for a Memorial Day cookout. Nothing too big, but since my mom passed in February it’s really important to me to spend as much time as possible with the rest of my family – so we’re having my family over for a cookout. Not that I ever need an excuse for a cookout…..
I don’t know about you, but I really enjoy planning out the menu for parties and cookouts. I am a planner by nature and I suppose that’s why I like doing it so much. Anyhow, this year I am making some Patriotic Cherry and Blueberry Stuffed Crescent Roll-Ups for everyone. When I host a cookout, I like to have some finger foods ready for my guests while the food cooks on the grill. These Patriotic Cherry and Blueberry Stuffed Crescent Roll-Ups are perfect because they are super easy to make and really yummy!
Patriotic Cherry and Blueberry Stuffed Crescent Roll-Ups
Here’s what you need:
- 2 Cans Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 Can Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tsp. Water
- Optional: Colored Sugar
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lay out the crescent rolls and place a heaping spoonful of pie filling into each one.
3. Start at the wider end, and roll the crescent up and place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown and let cool.
5. In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and water and drizzle over the crescent rolls. Optional step: sprinkle with colored sugar.
6. Enjoy these fun patriotic treats!
If you are having a cookout for Memorial Day or July 4th, these Patriotic Cherry and Blueberry Stuffed Crescent Roll-Ups are a fun thing to serve your guests.