While we’ve had a cold & rainy start to spring here in New England this year, that’s not going to stop Memorial Day and July 4th from coming up quick. Most of us will find ourselves at either a Memorial Day cookout or one for July 4th (or both). Why not make your Memorial Day or 4th of July celebrations extra fun with these Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes? They’re wicked easy to whip up and will be a huge hit!
Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Here’s what you need:
- White cake mix (calls for oil, eggs and water)
- Vanilla frosting
- Wilton 4th of July sprinkles
- Decorating bag
- Large star decorating tip
- Cupcake baking pan
- Ice cream cones
You will also need:
- Scrapbook paper
- Hot glue
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350° and place ice cream cones in the cupcake spot on the pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, Mix the cupcake mix with oil, eggs and water.
3. Fill your ice cream cones about 1/2 way with your cupcake batter, carefully transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
4. Let your cupcakes cool and measure the cone where you would hold it.
5. Cut out a strip of scrapbook paper, holiday theme of course, wrap it around the cone and secure the paper together with hot glue.
6. Place a large star tip in a decorating bag and fill with vanilla frosting.
7. Frost each cupcake with the round tipped decorating bag to look like a swirl cone of ice cream.
8. Top your cupcakes with sprinkles and enjoy!
These fun ice cream cone cupcakes are so easy to make and will surely be the hit of your party this year.
I promise that your guests are going to love these Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes at your Memorial Day and/or 4th of July celebrations this year!