Thankfully I am not hosting Easter dinner at my house this year. Since I did the last holiday (Christmas), my sister is having this one at her house. Score! Of course I can’t show up to her house empty handed, so I have been experimenting with different desserts to bring with me. I came up with these Peeps Popcorn Balls and they are PERFECT. They are just the right combination of sweet and salty and I know everyone is going to love them. And if they don’t, that’s ok – I will eat them all myself!
Peeps Popcorn Balls
Here’s what you need:
- Easter Peep Bunnies (All different Colors)
- Popped Popcorn
Here’s what you do:
1. Place 5 peeps in a microwave safe bowl with ½ Tablespoon of butter and Heat for 30 seconds. Once the 30 seconds are up, take the bowl out of the microwave and mix the melty peeps and butter together.
2. Add in 2 cups of popped popcorn and mix well.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make all the different colors you want.
4. Once all the peeps popcorn is made, pinch a bit of each color and form into a ball. This part is very easy if you take a bit of butter and rub all over your hands, which will prevent the marshmallow from sticking to you.
5. Continue to make each ball until all popcorn is gone! This should make about a dozen, but you can always melt more peeps and make as many as you need.
These were super fun to make and oh so delicious!!
Plus, they are really festive looking, don’t you think?
If you end up making your own Peeps Popcorn Balls, let me know how you liked them. My kids were really impressed with these and I am excited to bring them to share with the rest of my family on Easter.